-
November 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Awhile back I bought a white bodied Samantha on EBAY. Her outfit looks brand new and her hair is beautiful and perfect. The only problem she has ever had is her face looks sunken in. It looks like she was stored on her back in a warm environment and the plastic has sagged some. Is there any way to reverse this without damaging the doll? I don't want to get a head replacement because of her original wig. Thanks!
-
November 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
#2
Inactive Member
hey you long time no see! how is the baby???
I don't know about the sam- could you take a pic?
-
November 22nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
#3
Inactive Member
How terrible! Do you have pics? Please post some if you can. If your only other option is to send her in for a new head, I have an idea you could try. Have you ever taken the heads off your dolls before and looked inside? They have a pretty decent sized opening. Maybe you could place something inside the head between the middle of the back of it and her face. It would need to be something sturdy, like a piece of dowel, or a well bent wire coat hanger. If you can get the length just right, you could prop it up inside, and push out the face. It would need to be left there for a length of time, and perhaps you could use a small amount of heat with a hairdryer blowing inside the head, making sure not to let it touch the hair. Wrapping her hair in a towel might be a good way to prevent this. Let it cool, and repeat the process several times until her face sticks back out normally. Let us know what happens!
-
November 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Hi! Alex is getting pretty big, he's 9 months now. I haven't had much time to post but I try to read the board when I can.
DaisyDee- Thanks for the idea! I took off her head and she looks much better when I push the face out. Now I just need to get it to stay...I'll probably try the blowdryer on low. I'll let ya know how it goes.
-
November 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
wow!That is terrible!Welcome back!
-
November 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
#6
*Marisol_Grace_Girl*
Guest
Sounds like somebody sat on her. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
-
November 24th, 2005, 03:18 AM
#7
Inactive Member
When we moved, I did not have a doll box for Ruthie. I thought I was being careful, but wasn't careful enough. Her box ended up with another box on top, and Ruthie came out of 3 weeks in storage with a squished face.
DH made a "soft vice" out of cardboard and packing tape for her. He had me squeeze her head from the sides until it looked normal. Then he said, "Okay, now squeeze it two millimeters beyond normal." He then wrapped her head with cardboard and wrapped tape around it. I left her like that for 6 weeks.
Now, she's perfect again! You can see her pictures in my albums. Most of the recent albums are post-vice, and the best pictures of Ruthie are in the "American Girl Adventures" album.
Hope this helps!
Heather
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 23, 2005 11:20 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks